Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Six month check up today.

So, we had Connor's six month check up today, it went well, but the Dr said he was a bit concerned about Connors lack of weight gain. He did say that introducing solids will help, but I have decided to almost completely switch Connor to formula. I have always struggled with low supply, and I have been supplementing with formula for many months already, so I know how much Connor loves his bottle! I will continue to nurse him in the morning and during the night if he needs to eat for as long as I am able to. I think maybe he has been not getting enough to eat during the day for a couple months now, which may have contributed to his not sleeping as well. That being said I am not expecting the switch to miraculously make Connor have longer naps or go to bed without a lot of help from me, those are things I know we will be working on for quite some time yet! (I'll make another post about my new "bedtime routine" another day...)

Other than that, Dr. Kumar is happy with every other aspect of Connor's development, so that is great news! We have gotten the go ahead to start introducing veggies, and then fruits, and I am going to do my best to prepare as much as I can myself. I am really looking forward to getting some tasty foods into that li'l guy!!

No comments: