Friday, June 1, 2007

A tough week...

Well, it has been quite a few days since I have posted because this week has been an especially tough one, not with Connor, but with our first "baby", our Bulldog Leo. He started getting sick on Monday and by Tuesday he still couldn't keep anything down, not even water, so I took him in to the vet. He was very weak and I worried that I waited too long before bringing him in. But, the vet gave him some barium and had us come back the next day for another X-ray which showed a blockage in his intestine. He had surgery to remove a piece of toy, and was home again with us Wednesday night.

He is recovering well, and not too happy about the liquid diet he has to be on for the next few days!

Connor's Oma and Opa (my Mom and Dad) looked after Connor on Tuesday afternoon and most of the day on Wednesday, while I was going back and forth to the vet. Connor did great! Opa was whistling and singing, Oma played on the floor with him and Connor enjoyed every moment! It seemed a few weeks ago like Connor was starting to make strange with my mom, so I was really happy that he is completely comfortable there now! Except when my Dad sings a little too close! :)

So, after a completely exhausting week, Leo is on the mend, and Connor has a new close bond with his Grandparents!

No comments: