Thursday, June 21, 2007

It doesn't get much better than this...

A few nights ago, Connor woke up shortly after midnight, which is kind of unusual for him. I tried to soothe him back to sleep, but nothing worked, so I brought him in to our bed to feed him. He was super drowsy, and when I put him up on my shoulder to burp him, he fell asleep. But, instead of putting him back in his crib, I shimmied down and left Connor on my chest. He lifted his head for a bit but then fell asleep on me! He hasn't slept like that since he was a tiny, tiny baby, and never with me lying down, so it was a really neat moment. His head was facing me, up on my shoulder, and I could hear him breathing. He looked very peaceful and cute!

I seriously considered sleeping like that all night, but fear of rolling over, and the fact that I was slightly uncomfortable won out, and I returned him to the safe haven of his crib after about half an hour.

It was a very special moment though, and I am not afraid to admit that I got a little teary having my whole family, including the dogs, all warm and cozy and safe, all in the same room. I almost made Derek get up and take a picture, but I settled for poking him in the arm and making him take a look.

It's the simple moments like this that make me realize just how special my baby Connor is! I love my little family!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

How wonderful! Thanks for sharing your moment :)